Google Chrome is perhaps the most popular web browsers across the globe. It is fast, simple, and convenient to use. Also, this browser has several icons. You can change the Chrome icons by going to Properties. Those who do not like the icon options available can get more icons from the internet. In this blog, we will explore the ways to change and alter the Chrome icon. We will also go through the process of getting the Chrome icon from the web. Let’s get started.
From the Properties Menu
If you want to add a Chrome icon for Google Chrome using the properties menu, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, you have to click on the Windows Start menu on your desktop.
- After that, you should go to the search bar.
- Then you have to enter “Google Chrome” into the search bar.
- Thereafter, you should right-click on Google Chrome from the results and choose “Open file location.”
- Later, you have to again right-click on Google Chrome icon and select “Properties.”
- Now, you should choose “Change Icon” from the Properties menu.
- After that, you have to select a new icon.
- Then you should click on Apply and OK to your save changes.
Downloading a New Icon
You can download a new icon for Google Chrome. Here are the instructions given below.
- Firstly, you have to launch the browser on your desktop.
- After that, go to the search bar.
- Then you should enter “Google Chrome alternative icon” into the search bar.
- Thereafter, you have to go to the icon site and browse its selection.
- Later, you should select the icon you want to download.
- Now, you have to personalize your preferences.
- After that, you should choose “ICO” before installing the icon.
- Then you have to install your icon.
- Put the icon in a file where it will not be disturbed.
- If you are using a Mac, then you can just copy the icon.
- Thereafter, you should click on the Windows Start menu.
- Later, you have to go to the search bar.
- Now, you should input “Google Chrome” into the search bar.
- After that, you have to right click on Google Chrome from the results and choose “Open file location.”
- Then, you should right-click on the Google Chrome icon and choose “Properties.”
- Choose “Change icon” from the Properties menu.
- Click on “Browse.”
- Now, you have to choose the downloaded previously option.
- You should click on Apply and then OK to your save changes.
Devin Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Devin has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.