Many times, users needs to unlock their secure Wi-Fi connection and give access to the public. Probably, you are creating an open access point for your organization and business, or sometimes, feel like sharing the Wi-Fi password with anyone. Well, unlocking the wireless network is easy and simple, but the process changes according to the Wi-Fi routers. Below we provide complete guide to easily unlock a secure Wi-Fi connection. These steps are pretty simple and easy, but only if you follow them in the same manner as mentioned. This process will save lots of time and efforts and easily provide secure Wi-Fi access to the public. The steps are discussed below.
Steps to Unlock a Secure Wi-Fi connection
In this article, we instruct you through the process of how to unlock a secure Wi-Fi connection, but depending on your router or need to check manufacturer documentation to fill in the specifies. Here how to do it:
- Firstly, choose the ‘Web Browser.’
- Then, click on the ‘Web Browser’ icon to open it.
- After that, type your router’s IP address in the address bar.
- Now, before accessing your router’s administrative interface, enter Username and Password in the prompted field.
- Once you arrived on the Admin page of your router’s, a screen will appear which consist your router information regarding wireless network and router. Although each manufacturer is different, so the menu will slightly varies. But you have to choose Wireless or Network option tab from the navigational main menu just too search the control you require.
- From there, one may need to search under a sub-menu and choose ‘Wireless Security.’ However, you will possibly get all the settings on the page of ‘Wireless Security’ .
- Next, scroll-down the page and look for the ‘Security’ or ‘Security Mode’ settings appears on that page.
- Once found, you will see its already set to WPA2 Personal or similar to it. Choose the given dropdown menu and click on the ‘Disabled’ option.
- Once the wireless encryption disabled, click on the ‘Save’ tab followed by ‘Apply’ tab for your router.
- Again, choose ‘Save’ option, wait for few minutes until the page reload.
- Choose ‘Apply’ tab to change it permanently.
- Finally, your Wi-Fi or router will accessible publically and you can now able to connect with the network without using any password.
Whenever users are ready to re-enable the security, again go back to the setting’s of your router, choose the appropriate security option from the drop-down list and choose ‘WPA2 Personal’ option. Now, use AES encryption, and create a tough password for it, and click on the ‘Save’ tab followed by ‘Apply’ tab to apply all the changes you recently done.
Harry Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Harry Williams has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.